Black Nore Lighthouse
Also known as Blacknore Point Lighthouse at Portishead, Somerset, was built in 1894 Up until World War II the lighthouse was lit by gas, supplied from the gas main and stored in adjacent tanks. To begin with it displayed an occulting light (eclipsed twice in quick succession every twenty seconds) with a visible range of 11 nautical miles (20 km; 13 miles). The rotating optic was installed in 1908 when the light characteristic was changed to group flashing (twice every ten seconds). Its drive mechanism was wound daily by the Ashford Family, on whose land it was built, until 1941 when the light was converted to automatic electric operation.
A signed and numbered limited edition of 100 Giclée prints, 65cm x 40cm, on a 250gsm mould-made paper using archival inks. This is an original digital artwork. Unframed.